The European Mantle Workshop aims at providing a framework of advanced knowledge on the evolution of the Earth Mantle. Main topics of its 3rd edition are:
- mineralogical, petrological and geochemical studies of mantle xenoliths, orogenic peridotites and ophiolites
- inferences on mantle composition and evolution from the studies of volcanic rocks
- experimental studies about production, migration and emplacement of mantle melts and fluids
- mass transfers in convergent margins
- geophysical studies and numerical models of Earth's mantle
- alteration, serpentinisation and carbonation of peridotite, and relationships with microbiology in extreme environments.
The themes will be approached by theoretical, experimental, thermodynamic, analytical, geochemical and macro/microscopic study of mantle sequences.
Program and venue: http://emaw2018iggpavia.unipv.it
Click here to download the First Circular